You may wonder why to add Polygon to one of the leading e-wallets. According to the Polygon Audit, this is the safest way to scale. In addition, it is necessary to increase the speed and reduce the complexity of any transactions on the network. Polygon’s advantage is that it can directly interact with the blockchain through the wallet.
MetaMask is available as an extension to the browser and a dedicated application. It is connected to the Ethereum blockchain by default. With the MetaMask installation itself, you will not have any problems. But how do combine two applications into one? It’s a doable task, and it’s not difficult if you follow simple instructions.
How Can Users Add Polygon Network to MetaMask Wallet by Browser and Manually (PC)?
With the help of joint integration, users will be able to:
- Mount NFT on OpenSea using NFT marketplaces like Polygon.
- Store, send, and receive MATIC in MetaMask wallet.
- Exchange Matic to any other token.
Let’s find out how to add a Polygon (MATIC) network to MetaMask by two available methods.
The first method can be divided into Polygonscan and manually via MetaMask options. As for the first one, you need:
- Go to the official Polygonscan site and scroll down the page. Choose a button next to the MetaMask – “Add Polygon Network.” It will open a MetaMask pop-up for confirmation.
- Open the browser extension. Click the current Mainnet and check the main Ethereum network.
- Select a button “Add Network” and enter the network name; change the custom RPC to the new one through https, its chain ID, coin symbol, and Matic block explorer URL.
If there are no changes, restart the PC and check the correctness of the entered data.
For the manual method, you don’t need to download MetaMask, and it is enough to launch the crypto wallet extension.
- Sign in to your account. If you don’t have it, create a new one.
- Navigate to MetaMask network selection. It should be “Ethereum” by default.
- Click the button “Add Network.”
- Added a network button to the main network menu
- After a new browser tab appears, enter the following details: network name, RPC URL, the chain ID, the coin symbol, and the blocking URL.
- Add the Block Explorer URL.
- Add polygon mesh details to the empty MetaMask box.
- Click the Save button. It is a confirmation that Polygon network was manually added to the MetaMask account.
It will automatically change your main mesh to Polygon.
How to Add Polygon to Metamask Mobile?
Users state that adding a Polygon Matic network to MetaMask mobile application is much easier.
- Open the mobile application. But, if you don’t have it yet, download it.
- Sign in to your account or complete the registration process.
- Go to settings and add Polygon network to MetaMask settings.
- Enter the Polygon network details, including the Mainnet new RPC URL through https, chain, and currency symbol.
- You must click “Add,” which will automatically connect MetaMask crypto wallet to Polygon blockchain explorer.
After Polygon is added, it will be selected as the main custom network.
Adding a network to MetaMask is a very simple process that usually consists of 3-5 steps. Afterward, you can use the knowledge gained and similarly add one of the other networks. Even a person who is not particularly versed in the blockchain and applications that function to simplify the work can easily cope with it.
Do not delay. Immediately after adding, try to make any transactions in the new network field. If you have problems, carefully double-check all the details entered, and if necessary, try again. You may have missed something. Try the next method if the only one can’t help previously.
It’s not surprising if you have some questions concerning the Polygon network and MetaMask wallet, as it is one of the most discussed topics of this year. The answers to the most common ones can be found below.
By connecting Polygon to MetaMask, you can do any type of action. For example:
– transact or collect NFTs;
– interact with DeFi and DApps;
– manage the crypto assets;
– exchange tokens.
MetaMask is not just for the Ethereum and Polygon networks.
Anyone who has ever worked on Ethereum will be familiar with high transaction fees and slow network execution times. Polygon addresses these issues by providing a decentralized platform. In addition, a Polygon chain is designed to support decentralized finance protocols in the Ethereum ecosystem and other NFT marketplaces.
Developers can use Polygon’s technology to build better user experiences. Examples of software applications built on Polygon include Sushi, Augur, and Ocean Protocol. In addition, it is a platform that allows companies and individuals to exchange and monetize their data and data-driven services. Investors can also buy MATIC, which can improve the Ethereum network.